Sunday, November 6, 2022

cook: pizza night

When in doubt, cook pizza for dinner. However, it needn’t be laborious. I bought a take and bake four cheese pizza from the grocery store. On one half, I sprinkled extra Parmesan and Romano and reserved fresh basil leaves to make it a Margherita pizza. On the other half, I sprinkled cooked Italian sausage, Italian salami and pepperoni to make it a Meat Lovers pizza.                                  
And then toss chopped romaine (at which I did labor to wash and dry in the salad spinner), store-bought croutons and shaved Parmesan flakes in Caesar dressing, also store bought, to make a side salad. 
And dinner is ready.                    
All the self-care tasks of cleaning, shopping, cooking, laundry, hygiene that one performs to live needn’t be an exercise of incompletion and thence despair. My house gets messy, and sometimes I resort to store-bought foods in order to get dinner done. I'm gonna cut myself that slack because I deserve to be forgiving, graceful, gentle and compassionate with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment