Wednesday, November 9, 2022

clay: cocktail and shot cups

I took home last Saturday from the Central Park studio this cocktail cup and shot cup I formed from Speckled Buff clay and on which I adhered on the exterior near the bottom with a fan brush, pink and pumpkin underglazes, clear gloss on the exterior in the middle, and white gloss at the exterior at the top and insides. I did the same two underglazes on greenware cups of the same clay body before bringing them to the kiln room.

The underglazes on the middle area of the exterior of the cups seem a little burned out, and so I want to remember this Saturday to touch up with the same pink and pumpkin underglazes on the bisque cups before overglazing them with clear and white gloss because I rather like how this ombre technique made with the fan brush looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment