Thursday, November 10, 2022

clay: salt crocks

Family and friends have commented that they like my pots with the ocean waves texture, and so I've been on a spree to make salt crocks as Christmas presents. Thus far I've been adhering blue (light, medium, electric, and ultramarine) underglazes and then painting a clear matte glaze over. But I think a clear glaze looks much better, and so my goal today in clay club today is to make more salt crocks, at least two green ware pots, and then finish putting blue underglazes in two bisque pots to bring to the Central Park studio to overglaze with clear gloss.

So these matte overglazed crocks aren't as pretty, but they'll do. They'll end up for sale at a ceramics December pop-up or a Christmas present with Maldon sea salt. I think I'll ask people which pot they want. I am getting better at coloring these ocean textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment