Monday, November 21, 2022

cook: meatless monday means manicotti

Meat is delicious, and this Thursday on Thanksgiving, I look forward to my favorite protein of turkey. Flexitarianism, however, means Meatless Monday, and tonight it was spinach and cheese manicotti for our meal. And broccoli.

 
And green salad. And garlic bread.
At Thanksgiving, everyone loves the sides dishes more than the bird. But not me, I want mostly turkey on my plate because we only eat the roast turkey once or twice a year. At every other meal of the year though I live for the sides. A starch. Two veg, one yellow or orange and one green.
And the rest of this month is Dryvember for me. That's not a cocktail or even a mocktail with my manicotti dinner, but lemon lime soda in a coupe glass. Only 9 days left in the month anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment