Sunday, September 3, 2023

cook: back to school, back to breakfast burritos

Second Harvest always delivers groceries to my high school for the students in the special day classes, but there's always a surplus with an invitation to the faculty to take and not waste food. I took carrots, celery, and an onion and added them to my veggie and bone stock. 

My Labor Day weekend was devoted to home cooking. I once tried to share my recipe after giving my neighbor, Cecilia a bunch of breakfast burritos. The thing is, my breakfast burritos always differ with each iteration. Enchilada sauce. Pico de Gallo. Jalapenos. However, soft scrambled eggs and beans are always ingredients in a breakfast burrito. And this time, I added the chorizo leftover from chilaquiles for dinner to my refried beans.

 
I also decided to add potatoes to the breakfast burritos by microwaving a potato for 4 minutes and then cubing and seasoning and frying in olive oil and butter.
 
I then slather the chorizo beans onto a tortilla and sprinkle with cheese and then microwave for 30 seconds to melt the filling and soften the tortilla enough for folding. Then potato and eggs on one end and fold up the sides before rolling.
And then wrap in foil...so easy.
I made 6 of these burritos for breakfast next week. And will give 3 to Cecilia who raves about my burritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment