Wednesday, September 27, 2023

craft: art booth

I paid $50 to set up a small artist booth at a harvest fair at a winery for Sunday, October 22nd. So much to do. Later this week, I’ll be tracing, appliqueing and sewing handmade canvas banners for our booth, and a couple weekends ago, Meral and I did a mock-up of what our booth will possibly look like.                      
I had texted pictures of our display to my sister-in-law, Maggie, who suggested a runner for color and some greenery. Noted! I'll remember to bring my pots of succulents and bouquets of flowers to put into vases. We decided we would put Meral's mermaid and face vases on the center table to be flanked by our different wares--mine on one side and Meral's on the other.
I remember when Meral said she found these shelves with drawers on the side of the road during the pandemic. Our mugs look terrific in them.
I'll need to remember to bring other props like citrus and wooden spoons for my ceramic display and to highlight their functionality. Below I was loving my speckled buff stoneware in the left photo and to the right of them is a photo of my black clay plates.
Meral's thrown bowls cohere better and add a pop of color alongside my plates better than my hand built bowls, but it'll all be okay. I just want to sell all these plates, so I can learn to throw bowls on the wheel to coordinate with my hand built plates.
And dang is Meral prolific.
I told her she has to submit an application to sell her ceramics at the Palo Alto Clay and Class Festival next year. However, your work to be shown at their festival has to be cohesive and yet varied. But, definitely, you see her hand in her ceramic artistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment