Friday, March 23, 2018

Work in Progress: Frida Quilt

In between getting dinner done (and I'm not talking cooking, merely popping Stouffers into the oven), cuddling my dog and cleaning up after our meal, I managed to free motion quilt the Frida embroiderered panel and get started on hand quilting the borders.

From a Lori Kennedy video tutorial, I picked up the tip to quilt the background of Frida and to stitch down some of the embroidery, using monofilament invisible thread--and it truly is naked to the eye in the needle because I just started stiching on faith that thread was going down.  This wall quilt is also my first foray into handquilting.  I quite love the look of it so far and can't wait for it to be done....am still deciding what color binding to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment