Sunday, March 25, 2018

Work in Progress: Mighty Lucky

Now that my Frida mini quilt is finished, I've time to construct the next two rows for my Mighty Lucky quilt, which were designed by Nicholas Ball who also happens to be a fan and advocate of improvisational quilting.  I, however, am not such a fan of wonky blocks though I am a fan of crosses and will get improvisational with color, meaning I'll cut my strips and maybe put them in a paper bag to pull and randomize.  Below are the crosses in one color.
And below are the crosses in two different colors from my palette.  I want my quilt to look cohesive, and I feel like the rows I made from Carolyn Friedlander's design are so orderly and precise that I kind of want the same in the second and second to last row.  I finished my Frida quilt last night, and so today will be devoted to this quilt after a little embroidery on my One Heart One Love quilt followed by a little tai chi, pilate and yoga in body flow class.

No comments:

Post a Comment