Monday, March 26, 2018

Work in Progress: One Love One Heart and What You Can Accomplish in 20 to 30 Minutes

No sooner than I finished my wall quilt, Frida, I resumed working on my Bob Marley-inspired quilt.  I spent my Sunday trimming down embroidered panels to 8 1/2" x 9 1/2" (nerve wracking!)and then hunting through my stash for the right color of sashing.  I do love this color palette....saturated colors of Kona Purple, Rich Red, and Brown.  I've seen from the interaction of colors in Frida that the colors of embroidery and pearl cotton thread in topaz, lavender, and dark pinks will pop while the hand quilting will look just glorious.  I will probably stitch down with light pink thread the applique blocks.  As for the the embroidered text which is rather small and tiny, I'll frame each line of lyric in a box with a thread that matches the background fabric.
Last night I measured and fused and cut Warm and Natural batting and Kona natural for the backing and then spray basted AND pinned One Love One Heart.   
This morning I managed to stitch in the ditch the rows running longitudinally before leaving for work. It's amazing how much sewing one can get done in the 20 to 30 minutes.

1 comment: