Thursday, February 18, 2021

Food and Art Are Always on My Mind

A friend of mine recently joined Noom because of perimenopausal and pandemic weight gain, and I admitted to her my love for that third dinner. And it's not hunger that impels that desire for more food, it's more taste sensations. And the pondering and planning of those meals to induce culinary joy.

And so I look also to art to sate that craving for something exciting and new or delightful and all-consuming in the doing or making that you lose sense of time. Yesterday I was distracted by a couple of Craftsy videos on watercolor painting. And that morning I happened to have been stopped in my tracks by the brilliance of colors in my flower bed.

With this floral inspiration, I was spurred to look for my painting supplies.
 
I also found my beginning dabbling from my watercolor painting classes with William Dunn.....ooof some of them are so meh, and that's okay, which is why I'm trying to use up the student grade materials before I start using the artists' quality supplies.

And I've been so uninspired at work that I've been messing around with messaging and journaling to find inspiration.

And so given all that art stimulation, my dinner wishes last night were rather plain. Just bread and cheese and wine.

And so I was ravenous today from last night's plain fare. 
No students showed up for the learning pods on campus today, and so the lunch ladies were passing out breakfast burritos to the staff. Their sausage and potato and egg burritos were pretty darn tasty--there was some kind of hot sauce bathing the ingredients that left a nice heat in the mouth and needed none of my additional Valentina sauce. And because I had been craving the lunch ladies' egg salad, I made one for my lunch today last night. I'm thinking tonight's dinner will likewise be spartan, so I can devote some time to stitching the Bob and Lisa quilt and then watching some watercolor painting tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment