Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Sewing: Hand Quilting


I finally hauled a couple of craft bins into my closet and unearthed this UFO, a quilt I had pieced improvisationally from a kimono my friend Bob gave and likewise started hand quilting without guide lines. I temporarily abandoned it because I was unhappy with its wonkiness, but now after having put it away, I’m liking it. I can see that I was trying to channel Gees Bend into this make and can see the charm in the attempt.            
And so last night, I added even more lines of hand stitchery. And then this morning, I tried to buy a box of chocolate covered cherries and packs of Hallmark valentines, but the clerk was taking way too long with a customer who was buying a slew of stuff, and so I ditched. Instead I crafted almost tiny homemade valentine cards to go with boxes of tiny conversation hearts.
And I just saw somewhere that today is National Pizza Day. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment