Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Ceramics: A Work from Home Collection

It started with this bud vase last Saturday. I had also made some simple plant pots from the same clay body of sandstone buff. And I had previously decorated two bud vases with a motif of herringbone, triangles, diamonds and stripes. And likewise decorated the bud vase with triangles and diamonds and stripes.

The three little succulent pots I made looked naked next to the bud vase. And I so loved the triangles and stripes that I decorated another succulent pot with diamonds and stripes.
I just could not stop and was more in love with the triangles than the diamonds. More triangles and stripes.
And now it's time to subtract. The next pots will just be triangles of this color palette of bright kelp, baby blue, real orange, yellow, chartreuse, sky blue and white. I'm also gonna contrast raw unfinished clay with glossy color when it comes to their final firing.


No comments:

Post a Comment