Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Cooking: Mezze Monday

I had an eggplant in my fridge that was going a bit soft, and so I grilled it Sunday night along with the hamburgers I made for dinner and it then became baba ghanoush to accompany the hummus I made on Monday. It was more of a chunky salad than a paste, but made with my usual ingredients of tahini, Eureka lemon, ground coriander, ground cumin and garlic--basically the same flavoring ingredients in my hummus.

One can't have Mezze Monday without a Greek salad as well as Mediterranean chicken and Naan (okay that's South Asian bread, but it works as a substitute for pita).
I had managed to be sober curious all last week, nary a glass of wine Sunday through Friday, and then I broke over the weekend. However, those five days of no booze were revelatory. And so I'm looking into just sipping an aperitif when I start social drinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment