Monday, March 29, 2021

Cooking: Chinese Baked Fish

Like everyone else in this pandemic, we’re having to cook our own takeout. I didn’t realize I had two filets of Chilean sea bass in my freezer, and so I thawed one. I also set out chili fermented black beans, toasted sesame oil, Maggi (MSG baby!), soy sauce and Shaoxhing cooking wine to make into a cooking sauce for the fish.              

I grated ginger onto the fish and salted and peppered both sides.
I then wrapped the fish in parchment paper and baked in 400 F degree oven for 10 minutes, but really it needed to cook for another 5 minutes because it was such a thick filet. And so for those last five minutes, I poured the sauce on along with some minced garlic (which should have gone on with the grated ginger)before popping it back into the hot oven. Once finished, I sprinkled sliced scallions and chopped cilantro.
In the meantime, I also chopped Napa cabbage which hubs harvested the day before and which I sauteed with garlic and salt in peanut oil in a hot wok.
Fish, rice and vegetables. I ate many a simple meal like this in my single days especially when I was doing a lot of hot yoga. There is enough left over from this dinner to eat for a light lunch during the work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment