Monday, March 29, 2021

Cooking: Breakfast Burritos

Last night I started cooking Oaxacan black beans and soyrizo as separate components for this morning’s breakfast burritos, but as I was frying the soyrizo in my nonstick cooking pan and it was still sticking, I thought oh heck it’s all gonna end up inside a tortilla, so I might as well cook it all up inside one pot. 

 

And so the next morning, I started cooking down my soyrizo beans--I was looking for a consistency of wallpaper paste or moist refried beans--and commenced building a burrito making assembly line.     

I zap a slice of Monterey Jack or Colby or cheddar onto a tortilla for 30 seconds. I also start beating an egg with a bit of heavy whipping cream and a pinch of salt and then cook it for a couple minutes until soft curds form. I then scoop half of the scrambled egg onto the melted cheese on the tortilla along with chopped white onion, chopped jalapeño, and chopped cilantro. And then a bead of soyrizo black beans, which I roll and then pop onto a baking sheet.
Once the burritos are rolled and laid onto a baking sheet, bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
And then I wrap the burritos in foil and bring them while still hot to a friend to share. I also threw a couple in the fridge to reheat and eat for breakfast during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment