Thursday, April 1, 2021

Hump Day or How I Turn Wait Time into Create Time

Yesterday I had to ferry hubs to and from the hospital for a minor procedure, and so while waiting for that call from a nurse, I got busy. First I re-potted and added pebbles to planters of succulents.

I've been foraging for succulents from my high school campus, and I especially like these Escheverias with their dark crimson leaves and green centers.
After dropping off the hubs, I made a leisurely lunch of a grilled corned beef and Swiss and Gruyere on rye with a side of coleslaw and pickles.
So here's the issue with grilled sandwiches on my cast iron--not burning the bread before the inside is hot and melty. And so I zap the sandwich in the microwave for 30 seconds and then toast on the cast iron. 
And I think I like the contrast between cool coleslaw and warm sandwich.
And then while waiting to go to a friend's to do clay, I went ahead and turned my kitchen counter into a ceramics studio and built a container for my paintbrushes.
Ooof did I make the wall of my paintbrush vessel thin in comparison to my containers for my writing implements and cutting tools.


I am drying all these frost porcelain clay pots very slowly under plastic.
Does it make a difference if I burnish porcelain? Is that clay body by nature smoother than others because of all the kaolin in it? I'm also planning to adhere iron oxide decals, and so I may have to glaze these pots anyway so that the decals have a smooth enough surface to stick to.
I so love these images! I was so into making the paintbrush jar that I didn't really have time to head over to my friend's to finish. It was already time to walk the dog.
Sadie had such a good time at the park. And so we didn't make it to Meral's because it was then time to pick up hubs from the hospital. Hoping to make the 3 other vessels this Saturday : DRAW. COLOR. MARK.

No comments:

Post a Comment