Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Cooking: Posole

I stewed the pork on Sunday and spent the Monday finishing the posole for dinner. The boxed broth I used is very different in that I read it is all plant-based, made with seaweed and ancho chiles.

The soup was delicious, but still not a flavor I was used to in a posole. It's the last time I'll use a specific boxed broth for the dish and will return to just using a bone broth and adding ancho and New Mexican chiles to it. Posole is all about customization. I shared the soup with my neighbor along with the fixings for the salad to go on top in the proportions she'd or the hubs prefer: chopped green cabbage, Curtido, chopped cilantro, sliced radishes, sliced avocado, and lime wedges. And hot sauce. Gotta have hot sauce.
I also played with my new aperitifs and made a lemon lavender and orange soda spritzer.
Obviously I like a little soup with my salad or as much produce on top of my soup as there is soup. Still delicious even if the broth is strangely seaweed-based.

No comments:

Post a Comment