Monday, April 12, 2021

An Uneventful but Creative Spring Break

Most of my spring break was spent spring cleaning, sewing and hand building. I vacuumed my kitchen drawers and cleared my dining table of a few sewing projects by finishing one. I delivered the Bob + Lisa kimono quilt this past Friday, and they treated me to lunch at the Tadich Grill. There strangely was a bit of traffic in San Francisco, but oh! then I saw masked fans outside the Willie Mays Gate because of a ball game between the Giants and the Rockies at Oracle Park. Of course in this pandemic, I was able to find parking on the street close to the restaurant in the Financial District. I spent some time window shopping at the Goodwill and the SPCA/Human Society thrift stores. I did go back after my jaunt to the city and got that plate of the 18th century couple on which to adhere snarky text. I also found a darling porcelain tea cup and saucer earlier at the Goodwill. And I don't think I'll add any text to its bottom because it's so adorable. I instead want to build a little teapot to go with it with melon glaze and and gold luster. I don't know however if I could built it with frost porcelain. I might have to use Bmix stoneware for its clay body if I'm to make it as thin and delicate as I can. I know I'm going to make two slab bowls and then join them together into a sphere, cut a hole in the top half of the sphere to shape into a slightly domed lid and on which to adhere a knob and a flange and fashion a spout.

I also got curious about this little velvet suitcase...
...and oh! it's a cute record player.
Of course, I didn't buy it. I'm not about to start collecting vinyl for which I've neither the room, nor the patience. But if I were a record collector....

My meals lately have been my regular rotation of sandwiches and re-making leftovers like the Denver O'Brien potatoes with a fried egg and an English muffin that I served for dinner one night. Hubs surprisingly liked it.
And we are almost done harvesting our winter crops.
Hubs sautéed the purple cauliflower per usual and steamed that huge head of broccoli, the leftover of which I incorporated tonight into mac 'n cheese.

And I've got pots to deliver to the kiln:)

Here's my truth for how I've been processing my mental crises from two years ago.
This therapy admonition so resonated with me and is how I justify withdrawing from the world for the past couple years after my midlife existential angst.

No comments:

Post a Comment