Monday, April 12, 2021

Cooking: Kale, Sausage and Cannelini Bean Soup

Leftover Italian sausage along with a jar of chicken broth, a can of cannellini beans and a large bunch of kale turned into soup. And herbs! I plucked rosemary, thyme and sage from the garden as well as chopped up a red onion and parsley.

As I was sautéing the onions and herbs, I remembered the Calabrian chili pepper sauce given to me by the Agi sisters. 
Oh much better tasting! Once I got the beans and chicken broth into the pot, I also added the sturdy kale to the soup. And how could I have forgotten to sauté garlic with the onions? Garlic powder to the rescue. 
Yay soup!
I ladled this soup into two large jars and am wondering with whom to share one of the jars while I consume one for my lunches and dinners for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment