Friday, November 26, 2021

clay: mugs and plates + ornaments

While hordes shopped for their thanksgiving tables, I spent yesterday in the clay classroom. Zan made plates and spoons from Obsidian, Kacie glazed her Smooth Red mugs and bowls, and I rolled out white clay slabs after cleaning dark clay off the roller and my tools. Porcelain for plates and Bmix for holiday ornaments.


Not pictured is a dreidel with the text, oy to the world. I wish Zan had a menorah and a Star of David cookie cutters, and so maybe I’ll look for those shapes somewhere. I sneaked in a couple of speckled buff mugs from last Saturday’s make in the Central Park studio into Zan’s classroom kiln for a firing she programmed to start Saturday.               

And today I removed two my porcelain slabs from their palm leaf plate molds. I hope the other two don't get too leather hard and deformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment