Wednesday, November 17, 2021

cloth: slow sewing night

I did a little clay club this afternoon because my greenware plate cracked (shit!), and so I broke the pieces up and put them into a container to reclaim. And rolled out another slab and ribbed it into my form. When I left the clay studio for home to get out of a dirty t-shirt, I still I had time to get some paint onto my banner before my meetup with the quilty ladies.    
The transfer markers for tracing paper suck! Doh!!! What works is putting the canvas over my light box with the text I want to trace in between. Tomorrow I hope to refine the outline even though the fabric paint is so gloppy and unwieldy to apply to the canvas. If you look more closely at the painted text, the edges look craggy. From far away, the text is readable. But still. The perfectionist in me wants to make it look neater. I'll touch it up more later tonight and maybe even trace my email or Instagram handle on it too. The fabric paint takes 4 hours to dry, and you can't wash the fabric you paint on for 72 hours. Sheesh. But right afterwards at Lynette’s home, I finally finished mending Martee’s favorite shorts.
Finally done after months languishing as a WIP in my embroidery tote. I texted Martee the pics, and she asked how much. I told her two Moscow Mules.      
Nancy had brought her mending book, and in it is a project for a sashiko scarf that's indigo and pink. It's so pretty. And so I wanna stitch it. Must remember to get this book at the public library.
Also I just want to stitch something other than my straight lines of the running stitch and crosses. There's some works in progress still hanging in my closet. A table runner. A couple quilts. The goal is to finish at least the table runner and sell it at my pop-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment