Friday, November 12, 2021

craft: diy modern mini

I’m part of a Facebook group called Buy Nothing, and I received my first item: a dollhouse kit. I picked them up yesterday. I wasn’t sure what the kit would entail. To my pleasant surprise, the gifter gave me two of these. It's basic or just a shell, which is A-okay with me as I've never constructed a dollhouse though I tried years and years ago and ended up dumping all that ply and balsa wood.

When I looked at the back of the box, I noticed that the 7-piece kit is just one module of a line called DIY Modern Mini. I wondered where I could get the other two modules by which to have other rooms and a patio like that depicted on the back of the LOFT box.
DIY Modern Mini is part of a dollhouse line sold at Michael's which has since been discontinued. I had almost succumbed to getting these modules of NOOK/COIN and BUNGALOW on EBAY, but I dialed my enthusiasm down thankfully because then it would've turned into an obsession of finding and acquiring furnishings too. Umm, no.
They are cute however even if the scale is not 1:12. And so maybe I can just go with the loft and decrease the scale and figure out a way to add a platform to make a second floor for a bedroom and bathroom, decorate the downstairs to be open concept of living room, kitchen, and dining room, and thus be a model of a tiny (literally) home. And surely I can cobble furnishings and decorations from cardboard, foam core and fabric? There's a YouTube for constructing just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment