Monday, November 8, 2021

Cook: Hot Dogs for Dinner

Well not really hot dogs, but bockwurst or a gourmet combination of veal and pork. Not our childhood Oscar Mayer or Ball Park franks.    

And we grownups like brioche buns. And not just ketchup on our dogs.  
Though I’ll still resort to canned baked beans to accompany our hot dogs.              
Hot dogs. It’s what’s for dinner.             
And I never drank wine with dinner as a kid. Oh! And my salad lunch and vegan dinner arrived from Thistle.               
I’m glad I remembered to look outside my front door after dinner and before going to bed.
I’m so not hungry right now, but my palate is excited for lunch today.
And the day after tomorrow after dance fitness class and swimming, I’m looking forward to this Burmese meal. Tonight however I’m going to cook a Tuscan white bean (which are soaking now) and sausage (I bought both mild and hot Italian)and kale (gotta love the convenience of washed and chopped greens that include turnip tops and collards) soup. Luckily I’ve still got homemade bone broth and celery in the fridge and remembered to get carrots and onion in my grocery cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment