Saturday, January 27, 2024

chores: a pot of beans and window shopping

Hubs bought a package of cranberry beans from Gordo to plant a few, giving me the rest to cook. Even after soaking them overnight and simmering for a couple hours, the beans were still too firm for consumption.
 
And so I turned up the burner for an additional hour of furious boiling and chopped white onion and sliced lime and toasted garlic bread in the meantime. Finally our vegan dinner was ready for consumption.

The beans are still a bit too al dente, and so I plan to boil them longer along with a can of kidney and pinto beans with salt pork for another bean dinner. And so Saturday breakfast was fried rice with Chinese sausage and a fried egg on top, for which I could finally use up the carrots and onion in my fridge.                      
 
And these leftovers have served us well during a very busy work week. It’s the weekend, and my brain is a bit too tired to even ponder what to cook of thawed chicken thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment