Tuesday, January 16, 2024

clay and composition: pins and drawing

I’ve been on a tear, making pins. Zan brought out the plaster slip cast molds, and I somewhat squared off this one to make a ceramic name tag for Meral.

And there are quite a few more I made on the greenware shelf at school. This past Saturday I made even more.             
I've had this drawing exercise book for a few years....obviously, drawing wasn't a daily practice as I left off on Day 7 a couple years ago.
But I did doodle and watercolor over the weekend and can see a wee bit of improvement. I think I’ll even make some clay mugs to turn these 2-D ideas into 3-D actual objects.
This drawing exercise to render tools of my trade (really not my trade but my passion) was very fun.               
At school before assigning kids to make a ceramic pin, I created an example in my sketchbook to share with them.                         
I, of course, plan to sketch more.

And here's a quote I can practice calligraphy on a watercolor wash in tribute to MLK, Jr.
The next exercise is to doodle to music, which I’ll draw and paint to this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment