Friday, May 8, 2020

Quarantining: Meals on Repeat and Combating Day Drinking

Uh oh. I'm feeling weight gain, and I refuse to be fat. It's the booze making me obese. I was going to just eat one meal yesterday, but I had the munchies and made myself deviled eggs with a scallion from the garden, celery and dill pickle and of course, mayo and mustard and lots of hot smoked paprika and drank a pineapple orange iced tea. I was priding myself on not having drunk alcohol, but then my friend, Julie called and asked me to demonstrate how to make a Sidecar, and so yeah I basically drank the equivalent of two cocktails last night.
And I was on my continuing mission to shop my fridge and use up leftovers. I chopped up what was left of a jar of kimchi, took out the remains of Jasmine rice and snow peas and Korean rib eye steak, and the scallion tops from the deviled eggs. I massaged the stale rice with sesame oil and mixed the fermented juice of the Napa cabbage with gochuchang, soy sauce and a bit of onion powder.
 My second time cooking kimchi fried rice. 
             
  

This kimchi fried rice was even more flavorful than my last one, and I love the jewel green pop and vegetable addition of the snow peas.
I like a meal heavy on vegetables and decided to make a red leaf and red cabbage Miso-dressed salad to go with my finished fried rice.
 His and hers fried eggs.
Aargh, on my plate below, I forgot the salad until we were halfway through dinner.
Today I decided to make iced tea to cut down on my alcohol intake. This is half the battle, having tee totaler choices, and tonight my plan is to cook burritos using up the rest of a rotisserie chicken we bought last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment