Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Quarantining: Menopausal Cravings

I thought I was menopausal, but yesterday I polished off three cups of cooked pasta over the course of a day. And no it's not boredom from quarantining. My craving was for carbohydrates like I used to get as a sign of PMS. I felt so yucky because I didn't couple it with protein.
We buy a humongous jar of refrigerated Genovese pesto from Costco, which takes us about a year to finish off. But pesto is dangerously low in our household, and so I thought I would extend it with some mayo and fresh chopped basil and red wine vinegar since it's pesto pasta salad. OMG, it rocked my world.
I also dressed some arugula greens with balsamic dressing.  
Such a delicious lunch that I basically ate the same thing for dinner sans the greens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment