Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Vitamin Sea in my Quarantine

I couldn't eat my seafood last night because I had cooked Mexican, and so I had to dine on Japanese for lunch today. I started with the oysters. Oh. my. I always say slurping on oysters is like swallowing the ocean. I felt like I got my needed iodine.
After my utterly delightful appetizer, I ate an almost wonderful lunch because it's not even close to the same as sitting with my girlfriends around a bunch of different rolls, joking with our favorite waiter, Moon, sipping warm saki or rice wine, giggling and digging and dipping into dishes at Izakaya. I polished off avocado rolls(because I gotta have rice), edamame or boiled soybeans, wakame or seaweed salad, hamachi or yellowtail(and wish I had snagged sake or salmon too), and gari or pickled ginger.
Still I appreciated my Vitamin Sea and am already thinking about shiro maguro or escolar for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment