Friday, December 11, 2020

Quarantine Cooking: Fried Chicken Dinner

I used to love the Fried Chicken Dinner at a restaurant called Paul Martin's Bar & Grill in my city. It starts with a green salad with buttermilk and chive dressing, followed by really crispy but juicy fried chicken and creamy mashed potatoes, and then dessert of a bowl of ice cream served with two shortbread cookies. But it's a pandemic, and so we don't go out for dinner. My fried chicken at home dinner started with a bag of 3 chicken thighs that I defrosted and marinated.
I decided to boil some just harvested wax beans and frozen green beans too.
Lots of fried spicy breading on the human dinner, none on the dog's supper.
Messy but lovely.
Summer squash at the ready for another meal.
And dinner is served.
Fried chicken, tomato salad with just salt and fresh basil, and mashed potatoes--makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment