Friday, December 11, 2020

Getting Creative with Leftovers

I had leftover rice noodles and peanut sauce and shrimp from Vietnamese spring rolls. And leftover butter lettuce from hamburgers the previous night and leftover blanched green beans and sugar snap peas and petite green peas from the paella. I thought I was going to use the shrimp in Louie salad and then make Asian pork meatball to finish off the rice noodles and peanut sauce and then make a small paella to finish off the vegetables. And then thought well that's so much more work and that's dumb. I dumped the rice noodles and shrimp and produce into a container and then topped it with even more greens or herbs of chopped scallions, Thai basil, and cilantro.

I also didn't have enough peanut sauce to use on the salad, but luckily a bottle of Japanese miso dressing to extend it.


No sad lunch.




No comments:

Post a Comment