Monday, December 21, 2020

Crafting, Cooking, Cleaning Continued

I set the goal of cleaning and organizing before I tackle my mermaid quilt. I also had to clear all the Christmas gift wrapping and crafting and decorating on my dining room table, and so I finally finished this parol which I started a year ago. Last year, my friend Julie and I went to a Pilipino popup of Undiscovered SF, ate chicken adobo and shopped independent Filipino-owned businesses, and crafted parols.  

Only I never started and instead took the materials home to make and did not finish. Until now. I only had the center panel to put in tissue paper and had lights to install in it. Never underestimate the power of a glue gun.              

This is such a fun craft activity that I want to do again next year with the grandnieces and grandnephew. And just like my rustic wreath, I aim to make one with just white tissue paper for an Asian Scandi look. And maybe next year if I don't get to it before the end of this year, some colorful tissue paper tails to represent a shooting star.


No comments:

Post a Comment