Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Quarantine Cooking: Taco on Monday instead of Tuesday

The hubs had been bitching at me about eating up leftovers before I cook something new. Insert eye roll here. Last night's tacos were made with leftover rotisserie chicken. The man does not like to eat the same meal two nights in a row and yet demands we consume leftovers before making a new menu, and so when I cook a dish, I don't cook a large quantity of it so as not to eat it more than 3 nights in the week if possible. Last night I resorted to our standby of tacos. But first I had to finish the refried beans.

And it was one of those Mondays where I didn't want to think and just wanted to be a bit of an automaton. Hence the taco bar.
I do have a meal ahead this week of chile rellenos, and my refried beans last night were a bit of a fail--way too many tomatoes and too much like a vegetable chili rather than refried beans. Hence, I'm going to use it to stuff my Anaheim peppers with lots of cheese. And right now my brain doesn't want to ponder chile rellenos just yet because it is such a labor intensive dish, and I'm already tired just thinking about it. 
Tonight's dinner will be either leftovers (I hope! Pizza for him and Filipino comfort food for me) or another standby: Tuscan Beans or Fagioli ai ucceletto because sigh, I've Italian sausage leftover.

No comments:

Post a Comment