Thursday, September 17, 2020

Quarantining: Cupcakes and a Cushion

 A co-worker recently asked me if the hubs bakes cupcakes for occasions like a baby shower because she really enjoyed his chocolate cupcake. Umm, no. He bakes delicious cupcakes,but they're for personal consumption by us or family and friends. And then I remembered Sibby's Cupcakery and recommended that bake shop and also recalled how exquisitely beautiful and scrumptious they are. I had to call Sibby and see if there were any extras that day.  There were!

 
Yeah, it's a pandemic, so they're not open for walk-ins. However, I called and ordered and could pull up right next to the front door where they saw me and brought out my box of half dozen cupcakes to hand me through the passenger window of my car. Happiness inside a pink box:) Inside were Carrot and Cinnamon, Lemon and Lime, Key Lime Pie, Red Velvet, Chocolate and Cream, and Grandma's Tea Cake cupcakes. Beautifully decorated and beautiful to eat.
Since I didn't have to cook because of leftovers, and because I didn't have to bake because of Sibby, I could sew. After eating a lemon lime cupcake AND a key lime pie cupcake, I finished quilting and then squaring my pillow cover.

I was fearful that I would have nothing to trim off to make it square. Maybe 16" was the intended size of this pillow, but I'm just as happy with a 15" square. All that's left to do is purchase a zipper after work today, install it and then zig zag stitch the other three sides of the pillow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment