Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Crafting with Kids: Treasure Box

I love making stuff and what's even more fun is to do it with kids. Lately I've been writing and illustrating zines about cooking and crafting, finding little toys and baubles and school supplies, and then mailing them to a grandniece and grandnephew, which they put into a treasure box and then pick one to open when they've accomplished something at school or performed a chore well. I sent stickers to the girl, and she used them to decorate her treasure box.

I'll have to write a zine on how to decorate a pumpkin to the littluns. Recently I came across these images.




I wanna copy these adorable pumpkins, and so yesterday I bought matte spray paint in aqua, ballet pink, black and white. I've already got acrylic paints. I'm too cheap to pay the $1.50 to download the templates to make these faces, but they're pretty simple no? Easy to re-create yes? And so that's the plan: go buy some pumpkins and paint the town. And then make a zine on how to do it and send it along with some acrylic paints and paint brushes (and maybe even make a template on hard plastic of the faces) to the kiddos, so they can make their own. Halloween is becoming my favorite holiday again because of crafts and kids.

And here's my pandemic pal...
...whose adventures I'm trying to figure out how to capture and put in a zine.

No comments:

Post a Comment