Thursday, October 1, 2020

A Particularly Good Hump Day

To this day, I am still a procrastinator. Though to be fair, I sometimes tackle tasks that I dread with plenty of time to do it well especially in a professional setting. My Wednesday was particularly anxious because of an evaluation meeting. And like my quilting, not perfect but done. I'm actually okay with being evaluated and self-reflection because I'm always aspiring to self-improvement. Performance review meeting done and feeling like life is a bit purposeful, I'm ready to embrace my birthday month of October. I found additional pumpkin inspiration and remembered that Trader Joe's has the most reasonably priced pumpkins.

Pumpkin purchasing done, time for imbibing and cooking dinner. I had a hankering for cappellini and pesto and lemon butter salmon. Because I was at Trader Joe's anyway, I shopped for dinner.
Dinner wasn't especially spectacularly delicious, but at least our meal wasn't terrible and was nourishing. And left room for my dessert cheese board and more Chardonnay :)
And now it's Thursday and all that much closer to the weekend.
I was a bit apprehensive of today's class meeting to teach research, but I was prepared and hoped I edged my students a bit closer to accomplishment in their 4,000 word research paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment