Thursday, October 8, 2020

Making Do & Making Art

Always in my rotation is spaghetti, and I went through a phase after college where I was sick of it. However, these days I love it, especially if it's Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce recipe. I had leftover chopped onion and bell pepper from my paella and therefore sautéed the aromatics in the tablespoons of yummy Irish butter and threw in leftover meatballs too as well as reheated leftover bucatini pasta. And made garlic toast with leftover homemade sourdough gifted by a neighbor and sprinkled lots of Parmesan on my pasta.

But I couldn't stop there because I remembered the basil still in the garden despite the colder temperatures of fall.

And next day feeling bereft because I haven't been quilting, I tried to draw with scissors, using paper leftover from birthday envelopes and old folders and construction paper a la Matisse.

I didn't draw images on the paper, but freehand cut instead. Much harder than I thought it would be. I think I'd like to render a Monterey Bay rainforest using this art technique next.

No comments:

Post a Comment