Friday, October 30, 2020

Cooking: Taco Thursday

I suppose food is not a healthy obsession unless you're a chef, and I ain't one. I think if I were a chef though, I might hate home cooking if I had to create and taste all day. But as a home cook, I love thinking all day about what I'm going to eat. I'll even think of what's going to be my over the top food reward after a long hard run. My food obsession sometimes even spills into my work as a librarian. I created this slide to be an ice breaker for when I zoom with my students class week.

I think of tacos as the perfect food, one I could and did eat every day on a spring break surfing trip in Sayulita, Mexico. This week I needed to get rid of some leftover carnitas in order to cook something new, and so I crisped it up in a little bacon fat and then topped it over a blanket of melted Pepper Jack cheese and sprinkled lots of cilantro and chopped onion. Pork in some kind of chile verde base has become my favorite, and so I spooned a bit of Herradura's guacamole sauce which has tomatillos in it and a little sour cream.

I should probably write a taco cookbook, titled Tacos, Seven Days a Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment