Wednesday, October 7, 2020

My Actual Birthday

I was so ready to go for Thai takeout the next day after my birthday party, and especially because I didn't take the day off even though it was my Natal Day AND I was hung over to boot. I think my neighbor, Cecilia felt bad that I did the cooking for my own birthday party--honestly, I was happy to do so--that she ended up grilling hamburgers and hotdogs for me and other neighbors on my actual birthday. She also thanked me for sharing so many meals this past year while she was trying to start her private practice as a therapist. Again I love cooking and to be able to share that joy as well as give something nourishing and delicious makes me feel like an altruist. And we all want to feel like a better human being especially when we've a president who is so very not. It was so lovely to not have to cook, and my hamburger and hot dog were DELICIOUS. I also got a birthday song from two of my favorite little humans. The cap to my lovely birthday dinner? 


Dark chocolate cake with pink buttercream frosting and a glass of rose. Yep, it was some hair of the dog ending of a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment