Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Crafting Ambitions

I love crafting and the plethora of ideas I see online has turned me into a hoarder. I started taking classes in quilting, mosaics, ceramics, jewelry-making and the visual arts when I finished graduate school and acquired the requisite tools and supplies to hone whatever craft I was puttering on. BUT space is at a premium in a tiny 650 square foot condo, and so I'm starting to do the Swedish death cleaning and paring down my hobbies because I don't want my family to have to haul my crap out to a dump when I kick the proverbial bucket. These days, I aim for making ephemeral stuff like the goat cheese logs below that have been embellished with edible flowers.



Or this Halloween haunted house crafted with cardboard and probably painted with black acrylic paint and drawn with a silver Sharpie. But Halloween is this Saturday as well as the hubs birthday and so no time.

I've also been wanting to sew modern crosses into a quilt project, and so this linen and cotton pillow is inspirational. Now this is doable because I've got the linen and the cute Liberty of London lawn scraps.

And of course, I've got an embroidery habit, and I want to stitch the text on the t-shirt below, but on to a pillow or wall hanging and change it to "reads books, cuddles dog, stays home" because I don't love baking though I do love cooking, so maybe "reads books, loves cooking, stays home." Oh and then there was that embroidery hoop that I wanted to stitch, Sadie makes me want to be a stay at home dog mom.

And don't even get me started on my clay ambitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment