Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Midweek Slump

I suppose a pandemic is the excuse for everything I intend to do but don't. Really all I sometimes want in my life are books and flowers and the sea. I've a bouquet from a few days that is still looking lovely.


And the weather even in mid October has been so very warm that all I could do for dinner last night was a Cobb salad. Which I almost forgot to put avocado on.

And I really need to change up my rotation and am going Asian this week. I found this recipe for Filipino BBQ Pork Skewers, which is probably now how most Filipinos like my neighbor Cecilia makes it and who gave me Jufran banana ketchup. What drew me to this recipe were all the ingredients that I already had on hand like the Datu Puti coconut vinegar, soda (I used cola instead of lemon lime), the banana ketchup, fermented black bean chili paste, oyster sauce, garlic, and brown sugar as well as the pork shoulder ribs I defrosted.

I chopped the garlic and then almost forgot the soy sauce: I used the Filipino brand and the less salty supermarket brand. It's marinating in my fridge to grill tonight.
And last night's salad supper yielded a leftover avocado half. That means an evening snack of avocado toast.



I'm already salivating for tonight's Asian-themed dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment