Tuesday, March 28, 2023

2-dimensional design: illuminated letters

I didn’t finish my more geometric and I thought easier-to-paint composition, A is for Abstract because I still want to shade it with gold. I like the idea of embellishing like a medieval monk would with gold leaf though I’ll be using a metallic pen.                

I also want to refine the blue and yellow rectangles. I’m not that fond of all the color choices, but I’m glad I played with neutrals and put in duller colors like brown and yellow ochre. I’d like to make another one with lime green, yellow and pink.

And so I ended up submitting the composition, A is for Algae. I think I would've liked it more if I had painted the giant kelp orange.
And I already sketched another composition, B is for (sail)Boat and Blue (Whale). And for the letter, C, I'll illustrate it with a crustacean rather than coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment