Saturday, March 25, 2023

re-create: spring break

My colleague, Barbara has been inviting me to surf Linda Mar with her for months, and this week when she said, let's kick off spring break with surfing, I said yeah. And the weather has been gorgeous after the atmospheric river of gusty winds and rains this past week. Driving to Pacifica, I gasped. The California coastlines have always taken my breath away.

But when Barbara and I walked the beach and assessed the waves, we knew the inclement weather hadn't completely gone away. NO ONE was in the surf, and very few people were even walking the beach. We decided to walk her dogs instead at the nearby Pedro Point Headlands. From faraway at this meditation walking circle, the shores don't look so turbulent.
 
So we circled and made wishes and set intentions and let the strong winds buffet us. And looked at all the wildflowers emerging like these irises.
 
After our muddy hike, we thought we would just get flights of beer and snack on tater tots. But it was later than we thought. Dinner time. I was hungry enough for a burger too.
 
And I loved the motifs and decor of this brewery, especially the neon lights. AArgh, the one of fish hooks and anchor is blurry below, but you get the idea.
 
And Barbara of course wanted to take a selfie with the hammerhead shark behind us.
The brewery was out of the beer we were drinking though I did bring home a 4-pack of the 6th Anniversary brew.

And now this morning, the waves are so mellow as to not be surfable.  Barbara sent this pic of Linda Mar a few minutes ago.
 
I did not swim this morning because Sadie was so happy to return to bed after her morning constitution though I messaged Barbara too that I was likewise hungover, and I aim to make her last days on this earth her happiest--it brings me joy too to have her snuggled next to me on a lazy weekend morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment