Sunday, March 12, 2023

collage: lines composition re-do

I got a 96% on my first main assignment. And was a bit hurt at first by the instructor's critique, but then decided he was right and so I re-did them. My instructor's feedback before the re-do: Variation 2 - Effective use of Diagonal Lines
You still can get more power out of the negative spaces by tweaking line positions and using lines of more varied widths. The framing within a circular composition shape works very well.
 
My instructor's feedback on this curved lines assignment before the re-do: This composition can be strengthened by tweaking line placement, paying close attention to the width of the negative shapes created between the lines. The current spacing is too even, and becomes predictable. Consider using overlapping lines to create more spatial complexity. 

 
My instructor's feedback before the re-do: Variation 4 - Effective use of Mixed Lines
With the (white) negative space, articulate the resultant shapes more by tweaking the lines placements. In your process, consider development of the negative shapes to be just as important as that of the the lines.

And yeah the compositions are more interesting now, and what I really like about them is that I put my hands on the paper to feel the lines and can feel the texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment