Tuesday, March 21, 2023

clay and 2d design: empty bowls event and yet another illuminated letter

Last night was another long day without exercise (and I had also skipped the weekend swimming in order to let Sadie sleep in and just because I wanted to drink and be lazy). Well that's gonna stop soon and I'll get back on track now that my commitment to volunteer for a food insecurity awareness fundraiser is done.

I bought myself a ticket and pored through all 300+ bowls--many that I liked maybe even more had already been grabbed.                
I made my way and suffered lots of bowl envy--the blue-green bowls were the ones I gravitated to first.
  
But these two brown bowls were the ones I picked up and brought over to my table--Zan liked the matte brown one and said she would take it if I didn't and I said okay she could have it (bowl envy already!) But back to taking tickets from people who also found a bowl they wanted to fill with soup and take home. And I do love me a bowl with humor...
 
...and these two little cuties picked matching speckled buff with white and rainbow hue glazes.
Captured my colleague, Damien, the art teacher who chose a Zan bowl and spooned minestrone into his new soup bowl. Listened to the musical theater group, the jazz ensemble and the acapella singers too.
 
And put on my new favorite t-shirt and helped more people choose their bowls.
  
And admired this sculptural wall heart.
Next year, I wanna be able to donate some bowls. 
Next week is spring break, and so my goal is to ART it up. Hop on the wheel and teach myself to throw a bowl, finish a quilt back in order to stitch up at a festival…
...after I finish this illuminated letter A. And I'm thinking of even embellishing it with metallic gold shading.

No comments:

Post a Comment