Wednesday, April 12, 2023

clay + cook: reunited and it feels almost good

The countdown is already on for the ending of school, after this week, only 6 weeks until summer break. Yesterday I finally made it back to the clay classroom after a couple weeks of being away from it. I glazed 4 red clay plates and made 1 speckled buff plate. And I finally cooked! Sort of. I still had the oyster mushrooms and choy sum and fresh ramen I had bought at HMart a couple weeks before and a bit of the tonkotsu and pork belly from HiroNori the week before.   

And I painted at work today. I really liked treating the black gouache as a watercolor and making the background of my textures of fire, air, earth and water shades of gray.
But as you can see above, I ended up tinging the gray with the color of the textures. And I'm sticking with it. I like this simpler mandala without the square borders better than the previous composition. If I had better drawing skills, I would have sketched a hand above the mandala with a compass atop the orb, and the circle surrounded by a halo of light. But maybe there's still time to sketch that.

No comments:

Post a Comment