Wednesday, April 26, 2023

clay: spoons

The high school clay classroom is doing another cone 10 firing on May 10th, and I’ve just enough Black Mountain to build a couple little pots. But first I made glaze while Ellie threw a lot of pots.



So all I made were these two little scoops. But at least there are Flambé and Blue Celadon glazes to use on them plus I had never made scoops before.                     
 

I like 'em! I want to use Rutile instead of my usual Marshmallow glaze in them, but Rutile is a very runny glaze. I'll just remember not to apply any glaze outside its interior. And I've got one slab left enough to make another two scoops or perhaps two spoon rests, and I can get some Coleman porcelain from Meral to make little mugs for the glazes I just made. 

And I'm ever so hopeful that my candelabra at the Central Park will succeed. Decoration will be fun as I want to use rice paper decals on its base and maybe Bloopsie on the candleholders. And I so wanted to steal this Scott Jennings mug.  The exterior was so smooth that I'm sure it's black porcelain.
I so love this blue color on the interior of this Scott Jennings mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment