Sunday, April 30, 2023

clay & entertain: a pizza plate and how i set a table

I’ve social obligations this weekend, and so yesterday in the community clay studio I was late in order to add an extension to our dining table, press a tablecloth to cover it and then lay napkins, flatware, my handmade plates, wineglasses (tumblers for water came later) and decide what serving ware to use. Luckily I had brought home more of the dark clay plates in order to have enough matching (more or less, and I had two extra plates)for the dinner party later that evening. I also taped up feet of butcher paper in order for 3-year-old Charlie to draw and paint.


One last glance too at the succulent planters I had made for a pop-up sale two Saturdays from then. 

My table looked great! though there was just enough room for the roasted broccoli and salad.
I was so distracted by things I still had to do before and while cooking Italian sausages, polenta, roasted salmon Milano, peppers & onions & tomatoes that I only made one pizza plate in the studio before coming home.
It's way too small. That clay is gonna shrink to a child-sized portion. And so I'll make a much bigger one next week without a template. I'll just use a ruler to cut out a triangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment