Wednesday, April 5, 2023

cook: vacay meals at home

I was so wrapped up in trying to conceptualize my mandala that I didn’t spend a lot of time dwelling on conceptualizing meals. I did manage to step out for lunch on a rainy and hail-filled hour with Helen at a ramen restaurant she wanted to try. En route to the restaurant I took pics of Victorian tiles from a building that was probably constructed during the Depression as it's not far from the WPA-constructed post office.           



And I ordered my usual tonkotsu at the restaurant. It was Helen's first time eating ramen. The soup was good, but I still prefer my favorite ramen parlor that’s just down the street from where I live.
And I did buy and cook longaniza for a Filipino breakfast I shared with Cecilia. She brought over garlic oil and steamed rice and eggs to fry while I had been frying the breakfast meat.                                  

I had bought and cooked two packages to split.
Still my favorite breakfast.
And that was the food kickoff to my spring break though I had also stepped out the Sunday before spring break for a beer with Cybil at a brewery in San Carlos that had cool art.                             
More inspo. When I bought longaniza, I also bought chicken and pork to cook adobo which we hadn’t eaten in ever so long. Last night Patrick even ate my leftover adobo along with his steamed broccoli. I was too lazy to even cook a green vegetable, but justified no vegetable at dinner with my huge green salad at lunch.               
Another leftover for dinner I’ve been eating this work week are the hard boiled eggs gratins I prepared at the tail end of spring break.  
And I've listening to a lot of music while making art and cooking.
But food wise, I hadn’t cooked a lot because I was so obsessed with drawing and swimming every day. Because I couldn’t surf, I swam a mile each day of vacation, taking only a break the Friday and the weekend before returning to work. An uneventful and non-destination vacation, but I was glad to just relax and enjoy Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment