Friday, July 28, 2023

cloth: liberty quilt

Yesterday the natural light streaming into my bedroom impulsively impelled me to photograph the quilt I had finished hand stitching before my Kentucky trip.                          

 
I had brought this quilt with me on my spring break to Palm Springs last year to hand stitch though it didn't come with me on my spring break to Cayucos.
I zoomed in with my phone to show both the machine and hand stitching as well as the quilt label. 
I thought I was gonna bring this quilt with me on my summer break to Owensboro, but changed my mind. I wished I'd had because the air conditioning was too cold in the evening.
However, in this unusual Northern California heat wave, the quilt is the perfect weight to sleep under while sleeping atop of my duvet. I do love these Liberty lawn fabrics. I've been watching a lot of (Re)Motel on Max and enjoy how new motel owners have renovated and re-designed rooms at their motor lodges. If I were ever to design a room, I think I would theme it around a quilt or bedding. And oh what fun to choose wallpaper and paint and furniture to color coordinate with a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment