Monday, July 24, 2023

cook: summer grilling

Without fail, we eat the bounty from the garden in the summer, which invariably includes tomatoes and summer squash.  And I always serve corn with these vegetables even if we don't grow it. Frozen corn is just as sweet and delicious.

Patrick had removed a couple of ribeye steaks from the freezer to defrost, and so great! You're grilling! I sliced a large zucchini into four planks for him to also put into the Weber.
 
I also prepared Korean corn (combine mayonnaise, both Kewpie and Hellman's, Sriracha, sugar, sliced scallions, salt and pepper into a baking vessel sprayed with canola), buttered corn (for the hubs).
I decided to serve the tomatoes simply with just sprinkles of sea salt and julienned basil.
 
While Patrick grilled the steaks, I put the Korean corn into a 400 F degree oven to brown for 14 minutes and the buttered corn into the microwave for 4 minutes.
The husband grilled the steak to medium rare--7 minutes on each side with the zucchini on either side of the steaks in indirect heat or where there were fewer coals.
Instead of my usual lemon horseradish sour cream, I spooned chimichurri sauce from Trader Joe's on my steak.
We declared our home cooked meal better than any restaurant could have prepared. We used to have a neighboring family with a 3-year-old over for dinner to our home, and I miss them because it would've been lovely to have shared this meal with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment